Sunday, June 30, 2013

Visas in our pockets

I am on the countdown- 8 days until we leave US soil for a year. A year!
All of our paperwork is in order, our bags are packed, our visas arrived a few days ago-that only took 3 months.
It was a joyous moment when the Fed Ex guy drove up the driveway. I was fairly confident what he was delivering, but considering the headaches involved with our visa applications, I could not let myself be too confident. An overwelming sense of relieve came over me as I opened the envelope. We are legal to stay in France for the year.
Of course, we are advised to contact the French Immigration Office the minute we step off the plane for more red tape. We will need to go for a medical evaluation(what...????) and orientation. Good God- we are only talking 1 year! I know the French are famous for their adoration of paperwork so, this is our initiation.


No comments: